Policy Scotland‘s second public debate, this time on Regulation in an Independent Scotland.
The debate will address issues such as:
- What kind of regulatory frameworks will Scotland need to maximise its economic performance?
- What aspects of the economy should Scotland regulate itself, or jointly with rUK?
- How will be financial sector be regulated in a currency union?
- What would the consequences be of separating out regulatory arrangements for major utilities such as gas and electricity from the rest of the UK – Or should Scotland remain part of a UK single regulatory area in some instances?
- Can new regulation bring policy innovation in fields such as consumer protection and competition policy?
Our guest speakers are:
- Dr Josef Konvitz, former Head of Regulatory Policy, Public Governance and Territorial Development, OECD.
- Dr Warren Mundy, Commissioner, Australian Productivity Commission