Professor Chris Chapman, Director
Professor Chris Chapman is Director of Policy Scotland and Chair of Educational Policy and Practice at the University of Glasgow.
Des McNulty is Deputy Director of Policy Scotland and Assistant Vice-Principal, Economic Development and Civic Engagement, at the University of Glasgow.
Professor Duncan Maclennan is Professor of Public Policy at the University of Glasgow and is based at Policy Scotland.
Mel Ainscow is a professor within Policy Scotland and the Robert Owen Centre for Educational Change at the University of Glasgow
Research Associate within Policy Scotland and Urban Studies.
Research and Impact Acceleration Officer.
Project manager for Policy Scotland and What Works Scotland.
Policy Scotland offers several paid internships each year. Find out more about our internship programme.
The Governance Board
The Governance Board is chaired by Sir John Elvidge, former Permanent Secretary to the Scottish Government.
The other board members are:
- Professor Carol Tannahill, Director of the Glasgow Centre for Population Healthand Scottish Government Chief Social Policy Adviser.
- Professor Sara Carter, Vice Principal and Head of the College of Social Sciences at the University of Glasgow
- Profesor Sally Wyke, Deputy Director of the Institute of Health and Wellbeing at the University of Glasgow and Dean of Research for the College of Social Sciences.
- Dr Rolf Alter, economist and a Senior Fellow at the Hertie School of Governance in Berlin.
- Heather Cousins, Deputy Secretary at the Department for the Economy, Northern Ireland.
Former staff members
Linda was a Public Policy Associate within Policy Scotland until January 2021