Research and Knowledge Exchange Lead, College of Social Sciences (currently on long-term leave)
Policy Scotland offers several paid internships each year. Find out more about our internship programme.
The Governance Board is chaired by Sir John Elvidge, former Permanent Secretary to the Scottish Government.
The other board members are:
- Professor Carol Tannahill, Director of the Glasgow Centre for Population Healthand Scottish Government Chief Social Policy Adviser.
- Professor Sara Carter, Vice Principal and Head of the College of Social Sciences at the University of Glasgow
- Profesor Sally Wyke, Deputy Director of the Institute of Health and Wellbeing at the University of Glasgow and Dean of Research for the College of Social Sciences.
- Dr Rolf Alter, economist and a Senior Fellow at the Hertie School of Governance in Berlin.
- Heather Cousins, Deputy Secretary at the Department for the Economy, Northern Ireland.
Former staff members
Des McNulty, Deputy Director
Des McNulty was Deputy Director of Policy Scotland and Assistant Vice-Principal, Economic Development and Civic Engagement until October 2021. He is now an Honorary Fellow, Civic Partnership and Place Leadership, at the University of Glasgow.
Professor Chris Chapman, Director
Professor Chris Chapman was Director of Policy Scotland until September 2021.
Mel Ainscow was a professor within Policy Scotland. He is based at the Robert Owen Centre for Educational Change at the University of Glasgow.
Professor Duncan Maclennan, was based at Policy Scotland as Professor of Public Policy, until his retirement in August 2021.
David was a research Associate with Policy Scotland and Urban Studies until August 2021.
Linda was a Public Policy Associate within Policy Scotland until January 2021.
Professor Ken GIbb was Director of Policy Scotland from 2013 until 2018, when he became Director of the UK Collaborative Centre for Housing Evidence (CaCHE).